Empowered citizens and responsive government is essential in building inclusive societies.
This program area aims to contribute in achieving good governance and expanding democratic participation of marginalized groups in the development of their communities.
Specifically, the program works by developing projects and activities that will build capacities of local civil society and community-based organizations especially marginalized and excluded groups to engage, participate and make their governments accountable.
- Strengthening capacity for Engagement and Participation
- Advocacy and Campaigning
- Local Development Planning
- Local Policy Advocacy Development
- Maximizing Social Media
- Support for Strengthening Internal Capacity Development:
- Organizational and Leadership development
- Project Development, Management and Resource Mobilization
- Community organizing
- Establish and enhance Linkages, Partnerships and Exchanges
- PO and LGU’s, NGA’s
- PO to PO exchanges
- PO and Media
- PO, the Academe and the Private Sector